HoG Announces COVID-19 Precautions
Client safety is extremely important to us, and we understand that the recent COVID-19 outbreak can put both you and our staff at risk. As a result, we are taking several precautions for your protection and to best serve the inherited bleeding disorder community. These precautions include changes to upcoming events, home visit procedures, and limits on specific preventive products supplied by the pharmacy.
Changes to Upcoming Events
All upcoming HoG events will be canceled or postponed through the end of May, except Trot to Clot on May 9. Details have not yet been determined, but we will announce new event dates when we have them. Canceled or postponed events include:
- Spring Family Camp at Camp Twin Lakes, March 20-22
- Adult Retreat at Amicalola Falls, April 4-5
- An Evening of Gratitude at the Four Seasons Hotel, Atlanta, April 29
- Client Dinners
- Dublin, March 26
- Conyers, April 1 & 2
- Statesboro, April 8 & 9
- Regional Conference in Kentucky, May 17-19
Changes to Home Visits
We have implemented a few precautionary steps for home visits by our outreach staff, as well. These include:
- Before a home visit, our outreach staff will ask additional questions specific to COVID-19 such as:
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days to countries with high rates of COVID-19?
- Have you had any signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a fever, cough, and sore throat?
- In the last 14 days, have you had contact with someone with or under investigation for COVID-19 or who is ill with respiratory illness?
- Do you reside in a community where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring?
- If you answer yes to any of these questions, home visits may be rescheduled if the visit is not essential.
- If the visit is essential, our outreach staff will wear additional protective items including masks, gowns, and gloves. This will protect you and our outreach staff during the visit.
Limits on Certain Pharmacy Supplies
As the National Hemophilia Foundation previously reported, there are currently no shortages on the supply of factor, and recommendations for on-demand supplies remain the same. The HoG and Beacon pharmacies, however, will limit the number of surgical masks we can provide to each family. There has been a high demand for these products, and we want to make sure we serve as many clients as possible.
We will follow the COVID-19 outbreak closely and adjust our plans accordingly. You can either call us at 770-518-8272 or visit our blog for additional updates. We will also post news on our social media accounts.
For further information on COVID-19, please visit the following sites: