Virtual Camp Wannaklot
We’re almost there – Virtual Camp Wannaklot is just around the corner. We all wish we could be together in person this summer, but we promise we’re going to make this an adventure to remember!
We’re excited to share that many things will be the same for virtual camp, including classic camp traditions like Spirit Time. You’ll have live sessions each day to chat with friends and your favorite Camp Twin Lakes staff, as well as activities you can do on your own.
What Does Virtual Camp Look Like?
First the entire event will be hosted on Camp Twin Lakes Connect platform. This is where the live sessions will be held, as well as Snack Chat discussions with CTL staff and Camp Wannaklot volunteers. You’ll be able to talk about camp, the activities you’ve completed, what you’re looking forward to and play some fun games with our volunteers!
Discovery programs will be offered based on age group. Campers can choose one Discovery program, or all three to participate in during the week. The activities will be posted at 7a.m. daily.
As always at Camp Wannaklot, we’ll have two tracks:
- Junior camp (age 7-12) will participate in the Discovery Programs for arts & crafts, movement, and farm.
- Teen camp (age 13-17) will dig into Discovery Programs for music, cooking, Mad Science
Download this document to learn more about each of the programs.
Camp Twin Lakes also recommends a list of supplies to have on hand for these activities. Items can be substituted, of course.
You can participate at your own pace and EARN BADGES – up to 16 per camper during the week! Badges work just like Camper Cash at regular camp. You earn badges that go toward your group’s rewards, and your group chooses the prize you want to redeem them for. Prizes include:
- Dress up your snack chat leader
- Be serenaded by your snack chat leader
- Call out a counselor to:
- Dance with a trash can
- Do the catwalk
- Be a ballerina
- Pie a counselor
While you’ll conduct these activities on your own, you can talk about them later during your Snack Chat session with friends and our volunteers.
Theme Days & Evening Programs (Fun for the Whole Family)
In addition to all the great things you’ll do each day, you can also do a little something wild and crazy at home with theme days. Each day of the week has a “dress code” that let’s you show your personality.
Check out the theme days for Virtual Camp Wannaklot:
- Mismatched Socks Monday – wear socks that don’t match and show off your favorite things!
- Tie-dye Tuesdays – Choose your favorite tie-dyed item and wear it proudly.
- Wacky Wednesday – We challenge to wear the wackiest outfit you can find.
- Tribe Challenge Thursday – Your group will choose the theme for this day. You could be the items in a picnic basket, a sports team and pretty much anything else you like.
- Fancy Friday – We’ll put on something swanky to celebrate our last day at camp in style.
We know this will be a lot of fun, so download this page and stick it on your refrigerator so you see it first thing each morning!
Another tradition we’re keeping are the evening programs. We’ll still be sharing camp time with Camp TBI each evening. These nighttime programs will be hosted on WebEx.
The best news is that the whole family can participate in the evening programs!
Here are the evening programs we have in store for you:
- Monday – Trivia Night
- Tuesday – Reverse Scavenger Hunt
- Wednesday – Camp Dance
- Thursday – Talent Show
Although we’re not together in person, we’re excited that we can still be together this summer in spirit … and virtually. We hope you are as excited about this new kind of adventure as we are.
Keep an eye out for emails and posts on social media for more details. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to our Camp Director Kim Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-518-8272.