Generation of Heroes
Generation of Heroes (GoH) is the Hemophilia of Georgia (HoG) Youth Leadership Program whose goal is to develop youth leaders with a strong sense of perseverance in the face of challenges, a sense of possibility and the determination to continuously learn and improve.
- Develop youth leadership skills
- Improve youth communication & decision making competence
- Increase youth sense of self-efficacy
- Enhance youth voice and partnership at HoG
GoH youth have the opportunity to participate in different educational opportunities with HoG that allow youth to continually learn and develop leadership skills.
Generation of Heroes activities have included:
- Georgia Teen Institute Leadership Camp
- Camp Wannaklot Leaders in Training Program (LIT)
- LIT Youth Leadership Summit
- HoG Teen Retreat
- NHF Washington Days
- Hemophilia Day at the State Capitol
- Junior Board of Directors
Youth are eligible to apply for membership in Generation of Heroes if they have a bleeding disorder served by HoG, are committed to participating in all events, trainings and activities of GoH and meet the age criteria. Youth must be at least 15 years old to apply for the Leader In Training program and at least 21 years old to apply for membership the Junior Board of Directors
View the Draw My Life Project created by the 2013 Leaders in Training
View the Infusion Musical created by the 2012 Leaders in Training.
Visit the Junior Board of Directors Facebook Page to learn more about them and their work!
To learn more about the Generation of Heroes, contact HoG's Director of Health Promotion & Evaluation at 770-518-8272.