HoG Pharmacies Obtain URAC Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation
We are proud to announce that the Hemophilia of Georgia and Beacon pharmacies earned specialty pharmacy accreditation from the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC). URAC accreditation is the gold standard for specialty pharmacies.
To obtain URAC accreditation, the pharmacies went through a difficult review process to show we meet URAC’s quality standards. The process required documentation of our quality management program, staff interviews, site visits, and record audits.
URAC accreditation means we provide the highest quality service possible by:
- Ensuring access to the most suitable medications
- Measuring client satisfaction and making improvements based on feedback
- Offering the highest protection of client health information
- Following drug safety protocols
- Measuring accuracy and prescription turnaround times
- Coordinating care and providing quality client education
Insurance companies and other payers also recognize this accreditation as a sign of quality. The accreditation helps negotiations for inclusion in insurance plans. That means we potentially can serve more people and provide more services to Georgia’s inherited bleeding disorder community!