Healthcare Transition Guidelines for Parents of Infants and Toddlers with Bleeding Disorders
National Hemophilia Foundation’s (NHF) Medical and Scientific Advisory Council (MASAC) has established healthcare transition guidelines for the bleeding disorders community. The Hemophilia of Georgia (HoG) Social Work team will be highlighting the key transition guidelines that you should know over the coming year.
Parents of infants and toddlers with bleeding disorders should know:
- The name of the national organization for patients and families affected by bleeding disorders
- Safety measures needed for your child while riding in a car and riding a bike
- Information that you would leave a babysitter/child care provider
- The symptoms of a bleed in a joint
- What RICE stands for
- The need for your child to wear MedicAlert® jewelry
- How to obtain MedicAlert® jewelry
If you don’t know the answer to any of the questions above, please reach out to your HoG assigned social worker or nurse.