29th Hit 'Em for Hemophilia Golf Tournament
Horizons in Hemophilia, October 2011
By Victor McCarty, Director of Development
In partnership with the Atlanta Braves, Hemophilia of Georgia will host the annual Hit 'Em for Hemophilia Golf Tournament on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at Chateau Élan Winery and Resort in Braselton, Georgia to raise money for bleeding disorders research. More than 240 participants are expected, including current and former Atlanta Braves coaches, players and executives and representatives from more than thirty corporate sponsors.
Registration begins at 9 a.m. followed by a shotgun start at 10:30 a.m. The reception immediately following the tournament features silent and live auctions. All participants will have the opportunity to bid on many exceptional items including:
- jerseys, baseballs, batting helmets and bats autographed by current and former Atlanta Braves players
- a hand-made golf quilt designed and crafted by a young man who has hemophilia and his mother
- music and movie memorabilia
- a framed and autographed NASCAR drivers’ team photo of “The Coca-Cola Ride Along” on September 2010 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway and a driver’s helmet autographed by all drivers from the race
- an African Safari resort vacation.
Corporate sponsors for this year’s tournament include AT&T, Baxter Healthcare, Brown and Company Jewelers, CSL Behring, Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Delta Airlines, General Dynamics Wireless, Goodman Networks, Hardy Chevrolet of Gainesville, GA, Hewlett-Packard, Novo Nordisk and United Distributors. Restaurants providing refreshments on the course include Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Rick Tanner’s Bar and Grill, The Art of Food, Tilted Kilt and Wildfire Restaurant at Perimeter Mall.
There are still limited slots available for organizations to sponsor a foursome. Individual slots are also available for people interested in participating. The registration deadline is Tuesday, October 25, 2011. Contact Vic McCarty at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-518-8272 ext. 213 if you’d like to register. Special thanks to the volunteers who have served on the planning committee and a big thank you in advance to the volunteers who will be with us again this year.