The Hemophilia of Georgia outreach nurses offer support and education for all Georgia clients. The nurses visit clients in their homes and provide infusion training and follow-up.
Outreach nurses also make presentations on bleeding disorders for schools, day care centers, and medical professionals.
Specific nursing services include:
- In-home education on bleeding disorders for clients and their families
- Home infusion training and follow-up to interested families
- Infusion training at Camp Wannaklot
- Coordination of care between medical professionals
- Information on treatment and research protocols inhibitors, HIV/AIDS, and hepatitis
- Genetics education
- Presentations on bleeding disorders for schools, day care centers and medical professionals
- Distribution of helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads to young client
Outreach nurse, Sonya, helps Andrew with infusion before starting his busy day at Camp Wannaklot.